- Pattern: Butterick 5005 diaper bag (also comes with a changing pad and pacifier case, which I didn’t make)
- Fabric: Cotton (Birch Mod Fabrics, Abacus) from Purl Soho; cotton lining from The City Quilter; hair canvas basted to all outer pattern pieces as per instructions (leftover from my A Fashionable Stitch purchase for my tailored coat last year!)
- Notions: From Botani: 1″ white cotton webbing for the straps, gunmetal finish 20″ zipper, and magnetic snap for the outside pocket (pattern calls for Velcro); plastic canvas from Pearl Paint on Canal Street (pattern calls for cardboard) to add structure to the bottom of the bag.
- Alterations: None. Three cheers for one-size-fits all accessory patterns!
- News Flash! Step 34 seems to have an error. See below for my notes on how I fixed it.
Yay, a new-ish creation to share with you! I sent it off to my cousin in San Diego and she just received it earlier this week, so now I can come out of hiding and splash some photos of it here on the blog. Good times, indeed.
I heard about this pattern through Clio of Clio & Phineas, aka the Queen of B5005 – she’s made three already! When my cousin was expecting the first time around I made her Kwik Sew 3749, which I’ve made more times than I can count though I’ve only featured a miniature version here a couple of years ago.