Toodles, Google Reader…

…and hello, seat cushions!

Well, before I get to the (finally finished!!) seat cushions, I wanted to offer a few ways to follow my blog if you’ve been reading along via Google Reader. I’m incredibly late in writing this post, considering that Reader will shut down tomorrow, but what can you do?

On the right-hand side of my blog are buttons to follow me on Bloglovin’ and Feedly. There’s also a sign-up box to receive updates via email (I don’t post very often so this shouldn’t get annoying/overwhelming!).

Below are the seat cushions that I had first cut out in Los Angeles three years ago. I’m proud to say I finally finished them this month in New York City! That’s transcontinental fine dining right there, yes siree.

seat-cushion3

The construction process was pretty simple: after I created a template for the seats, I cut out the fabric to include a 5/8″ seam allowance. I probably could’ve gone with 1/4″, but I wanted to cover myself in case I needed to adjust and make the cushions bigger.

Since I didn’t have enough of this floral fabric for both sides, I went with a dark green color for the bottoms and ties (four ties per chair). It worked out nicely! The ties took the longest part, from having to cut out the strips to then turning them inside out. They’re knotted at the ends.

Continue reading

Advertisements